Build changes for 0.61

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Mon Jun 5 19:22:36 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 20:59 -0500, Matt Hoosier wrote:
> I've run into the same problem in a Scratchbox non-x86 environment.
> The trouble seems to be an incomplete implementation of UNIX sockets
> (the default mode in which the bus fires up) in QEMU (used for CPU
> transparency).
>
> Patching the system bus's service configuration file ("system.xml"
> perhaps? I don't have access to the source) to use TCP sockets instead
> allowed my build to complete. You can always switch back to UNIX
> sockets when deploying the build binaries onto the target system.

If that works then I don't see any reason for not patching in a QEMU
environment.  It involves patching run-with-tmp-session-bus.conf to
change the <listen></listen> tag to point to tcp socket instead of a
unix one. I've never used a tcp socket with dbus so I am not sure of the
format.  Matt, can you post an example?  Thanks.