Anyone here automates Skype with D-BUS in C?

Juan Carlos Castro y Castro jcastro at instant.com.br
Thu Jun 8 10:52:09 PDT 2006

I've adapted am example program I found elsewhere and it does what it's
supposed to do (attached here). The only thing this does NOT do is catch
events. How do I do that? What passes for the Skype documentation says
the completely non-informative bit below.

Ah, and I'm forced to use D-BUS 0.22 because Skype only supports that. Gah.

To access the Skype API from a client application:

    *

      The application passes its name to Skype:
      <- NAME clientApplication

    *

      Skype pops up a confirmation window to the user with the following
      response:
      ClientApplication wants to talk to Skype. OK?

    *

      If OK, protocol messages are exchanged:

    *

-> OK
<- PROTOCOL 1
-> PROTOCOL 1

The Skype protocol manages the subsequent session. The d-bus service is
com.Skype.API

Two communication paths are used:

    *

      for client-to-Skype commands the path is /com/Skype

    *

      for Skype-to-client commands the path is /com/Skype/Client

Two methods are used:

    *

      use the Invoke method with one string parameter for
      client-to-Skype commands

    *

      use the Notify method for Skype-to-client commands and responses