DBus API problems & UTF-8

Daniel P. Berrange dan at berrange.com
Mon Jun 12 08:15:20 PDT 2006

On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 04:46:54PM +0200, Olivier Galibert wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 01:47:24PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > If you're not already using UTF-8 in your C program, then its at most one
> > single method call to convert.
>
> So you're going to pretend all the world is iso-8859-1, which happens
> to be encoded as utf-8.  I'm not sure if it's that much of a step up
> from "all the world is ascii".

Urm, where in my mail did I say you should "pretend all the world is
iso-8859-1" ? I said you just need to run a conversion from the program's
native character set (whatever that may be) to UTF-8 & vica-verca. No
assuption need be made about the application's native charset - only the
DBus charset is fixed.

Dan.