Win32 port

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at trolltech.com
Wed Jun 28 00:14:03 PDT 2006

Havoc Pennington wrote:
>I think just adding GetConnectionWindowsUser() might be fine ... there's
>nothing the caller can do without knowing whether it's getting unix or
>windows, since we aren't exporting any kind of uid abstraction outside
>of dbus internals.

Makes sense.

>One thing to check if doing this is the encoding of windows usernames...
>are they UTF-8 or UTF-16, or can they be in some other encoding...

Does this matter to us? If usernames are strings, then they are sent over
the bus as UTF-8.

Internally, I think Windows encodes them as UTF-16, as most of its own API
is done.

--
Thiago José Macieira - thiago.macieira AT trolltech.com
Trolltech ASA - Sandakerveien 116, NO-0402 Oslo, Norway