Mono bindings

Sriram Ramkrishna sri at aracnet.com
Wed Mar 1 10:47:30 PST 2006

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 01:41:20PM -0500, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 16:43 +0000, Matthew Johnson wrote:
>
> > I think this was discussed a while ago and several people were in favour
> > of subversion. I don't think we really need a distributed SCM, and
> > (although I've not tried it) git is meant to be good for the kernel and
> > not a lot else.
>
> Actually Cairo now uses git.

I believe just about all X related stuff uses git now.

And bzr also seems to be very close to git, although git has
some nice features in cherry picking that isn't as obviousin bzr.
Can't say more on mercurial which I have heard good things about.

As for whether a distributed SCM is needed or lot, that's needed or
not I have no opinion on it at least for dbus. (where I lurk for the
most part)

sri