Dbus daemon

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at trolltech.com
Thu Mar 9 00:56:25 PST 2006

Marcin wrote:
>Ok, thanks for explanation. Now I see that I always have to launch
> session bus to run these applications. But I have one more question for
> you. How to launch only one session bus for all apps started from any
> console sessions?

The session bus is supposed to be connected to a desktop session. It is
expected that the daemon is run at *every* desktop session startup and
keeps running for the duration of that session.

We are also discussing extending starting method to allow applications to
start the bus themselves if they so need and hence store the session bus
address in the X11's root window.

--
Thiago José Macieira - thiago.macieira AT trolltech.com
Trolltech AS - Sandakerveien 116, NO-0402 Oslo, Norway