DBUS connection refused

Rohit Chaudhri rohit.chaudhri at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 22:09:25 PST 2006

What's the best way to upgrade DBUS on Ubuntu Linux? I have Ubuntu
5.10 installed on my machine which has DBUS 0.36 installed. I got the
.deb files for version 0.60 of dbus, libdbus, dbus-utils etc from the
latest Ubuntu repositories (these will be included in the next Ubuntu
release) , however I can't do the upgrade since the older version of
dbus is already installed and is being used by system components like
the Gnome desktop.
If I try installing using dpkg -i {.deb package name} the installation
fails since DBUS is currently being used.

Thanks