Distribute introspection XML (WasRe: glib bindings (Was Re: [patch] gobject sender and pid))

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Tue Mar 14 19:16:03 PST 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 20:52 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> How do we move on? If we're not disagreeing too much I can write a patch
> to our docs / spec that incorporate these requirements. Even if it's "an
> app is never required to ship introspection data" that's fine too; I
> just feel we need to resolve this before 1.0.

Doesn't seem like there's much disagreement on this stuff, so I think
maybe sketch out a brief implementation plan after looking into it a
bit, see if there's any feedback, would maybe avoid a false start on the
coding if someone sees a problem. Then just code up the patch to the
code and specs and we'll put it in.

I don't think this one has to block 1.0, it won't change any ABI or
protocol or anything. So to me it could be in 1.0.1 or 1.2 or something.
But as long as there aren't any major open questions we might be getting
wrong, I think it's fine to put in 1.0.