System and Session Bus

Oliver Frommel ofrommel at linuxnewmedia.de
Sun Mar 19 08:55:29 PST 2006

Hello,

I am currently writing an article on DBUS and HAL for
the German Linux-Magazin. In that course several questions
turned up, and I hope you will help ..

- What is the point in having a separate session bus when
a system bus is already running? Does the session bus
require not authentication at all?

- Is it possible to connect both busses? If yes, how?

- How is the namespace policy in that connection. For
instance could I have the same service names, object
paths etc on both busses, e.g. org.freedesktop.Hal?

- Is it possible to create new services without
.service files? How about objects and interfaces?

Thanks for your help
Oliver

--
Linux New Media AG