System and Session Bus

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at trolltech.com
Mon Mar 20 04:52:25 PST 2006

Oliver Frommel wrote:
>Well in that case the application (text editor) would
>have to communicate with said library or process.
>Assuming that you want the application to be notified
>when the user plugs in e.g. a braille reader it should
>be a library/process being capable of async notifications.
>I thought this was exactly what DBUS is for.

Yes, but it wouldn't be the text-editor application writer that would have
to bother with the details for HAL connecting.

The library should do the connecting to the System bus and handle that on
its own. The same for a braille reader or other hardware.
--
Thiago José Macieira - thiago.macieira AT trolltech.com
Trolltech AS - Sandakerveien 116, NO-0402 Oslo, Norway