strange dbus/python callback behavior

Robert McQueen robert.mcqueen at collabora.co.uk
Mon May 1 10:47:31 PDT 2006

John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> Yep that should work.  I've rolled my eyes at the NetworkManager
> developers about using variable length parameters but for better or
> worse they do.

Urgh, can we prohibit this somehow, or make outlandish penalties for
people who lie in their introspection data? This will simply not work in
almost all of the bindings I'm aware of, and I had it on my todo list to
make python check the arity of your signal callback functions when
binding to signals with introspection data available (to avoid people
getting hard to debug "expected 4 arguments, got 3!" errors).

Regards,
Rob