Splitting out core and bindings final stages

Rob Taylor robtaylor at floopily.org
Sat May 6 08:46:49 PDT 2006

John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 18:06 +1000, Brad Hards wrote:
>> On Friday 05 May 2006 09:17 am, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
>>> NOTE: for the time being the dbus core libraries will continue to be
>>> worked on in CVS and the bindings in git once the move happens.  The
>>> core, along with its history will also be in git and if we ever decide
>>> to move it we can import again from CVS and not duplicate the history.
>> Where / when was the decision to move to git made?
>>
>> Brad
>
> On the dbus irc channel.  Remember the move is only for the bindings
> right now and not core.

I should say that the consensus for git isn't absolute - One worry I
have is that it doesn't work on windows. I like the idea of using a
distributed RCS, but probably bzr would be better for a cross platform
library like this. Dafydd Harries is currently having a look at the
feasibility of importing and syncing dbus cvs with bzr, so I'll report
back on that when he has some results.

Thanks,
Rob Taylor