C-API Examples

P. Durante shackan at gmail.com
Mon May 8 18:14:17 PDT 2006

On 5/4/06, Kosina, Martin <martin.kosina at intel.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone have good working examples of using the C API ? (Sample
> client/server type scenarios, ideally). We are exploring a binding for a
> custom component system and would like to utilize the C API directly.
> I've seen lots of Glib and Qt stuff, but the low-level examples are a
> bit harder to come by. (I do have John Palmieri's "Get on D-bus"
> article, but having hard time getting it to work properly (is
> "ListServices" still exported by org.freedesktop.Dbus ?) and would like
> to see a simple server-side one, as well.

For what it's worth, I also wrote some C++ wrappers for dbus using the
low-level C library, didn't touch the code a lot after writing it (in
under two weeks), so beware!
http://www.studenti.unina.it/~pa.durante/libcbus-0.1.0.tar.gz
http://www.studenti.unina.it/~pa.durante/libeeple-0.1.0.tar.gz
the latter one is the event library I wrote to get rid of glib
dependencies, but it's so ugly I can't but hope the dbus crowd will
come up with their own mainloop implementation for dbus-core that we
can use instead. Have fun!