dbus daemon - creating a logfile of all messages

Robert McQueen robert.mcqueen at collabora.co.uk
Thu May 11 05:56:39 PDT 2006

Kai Teuber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to monitor all messages on dbus, because the dbus-monitor didn't
> makes it. So I tried to patch the daemon.

If you want to patch the daemon, forget bizzare logging hacks, and patch
it fix the functionality which dbus-monitor is already supposed to give
you. On the session bus, the <allow eavesdrop="true"/> policy is set,
which is supposed to mean that by setting appropriate match rules (such
as the * rules which dbus-monitor puts there by default), session bus
clients may receive messages that have other people as the intended
recipient. This doesn't work at the moment. I will be infinitely
grateful to anyone who could fix it.

> Regards,
>  Kai Teuber

Regards,