C-API Examples

Kosina, Martin martin.kosina at intel.com
Thu May 11 07:57:55 PDT 2006

Ralf wrote:

> Another solution i got with:
>   while (1) {
>      dbus_connection_read_write(conn, 0);
>      msg = dbus_connection_pop_message(conn);
> unfortunally this does not print the results, probably because the
> messages  are not  dispatched isn't it ?

Just curious - did you run this with the Linux build or your Windows
port? I built some profiling apps using this polling construct (pretty
much Matt's "listen" sample, fed repeatably at full titlt by a client)
and having very inconsistent results between MSVC Debug and Release
modes (i.e. it won't dispatch anything in Debug, although initial
authentication works fine - I need to confirm if it's the bus daemon or
client side). This sort of thing is usually a sign of some insidious
memory corruption, but for the record, the linux version of the same
sample code works fine. I know you used mingw (which I assume uses its
own libc ?), but can't help thinking there may be a common thread...

Martin