Emitting a signal with a tuple

Luigi Paioro luigi at lambrate.inaf.it
Wed May 17 01:40:21 PDT 2006

Hello!

I have an object which emits a signal. The signal is a method with 1
argument which is a tuple (Python). When it emits the signal I get this
error:

   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 48, in
__call__
     reply_message = self._connection.send_with_reply_and_block(message, -1)
   File "dbus_bindings.pyx", line 350, in
dbus_bindings.Connection.send_with_reply_and_block
dbus_bindings.DBusException: Argument of unknown type '<type 'unicode'>'

While, if I emit a simple string, it runs.

My dbus Python binding version is 0.42.0... is it possible that that
version doesn't support the translation of tuple into dbus.Struct
(STRUCT type)?

Can you help me?

Thanks.

Luigi