waiting for dbus_bus_request_name

Michael K vk2bea at yahoo.com
Sat May 20 18:33:59 PDT 2006

I am using dbus to send short messages to a program.
It is possible for a number of sources to send
messages almost simultaneously.

In the sending program dbus_bus_request_name() does
not always succeed.  Is there a proper way to loop on
this call so I don't loose any messages ?

All the data sources invoke the same program that has:

   ret = dbus_bus_request_name(conn, DBUS_NAME,
DBUS_NAME_FLAG_REPLACE_EXISTING , &err);

   if (dbus_error_is_set(&err)) {
      fprintf(stderr, "Name Error (%s)\n",
err.message);
      dbus_error_free(&err);
   }
   if (DBUS_REQUEST_NAME_REPLY_PRIMARY_OWNER != ret) {
      exit(1);
   }