waiting for dbus_bus_request_name

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Sat May 20 23:04:20 PDT 2006

Michael K wrote:
> How is this done in the "signal matching for the
> receiver" ?
>
> I get a crash id I try:
>   if( !(remote_object = dbus_g_proxy_new_for_name
> (bus,
> 					     NULL,
> 					     GUTENBERG_DBUS_OBJECT_NAME,
> 					     GUTENBERG_DBUS_OBJECT_INTERFACE )) ){

Ah, right - I guess the glib bindings don't really support doing what
you're doing. If you use a raw filter on the dbus connection
(dbus_connection_add_filter) you could do it.

DBusGProxy is somewhat supposed to support NULL for the name, but it's
broken right now. So another approach would be to debug that ;-) I just
put in some related changes so be sure to use latest cvs version.