Build changes for 0.61

Diane Holt Diane.Holt at palmsource.com
Wed May 24 19:38:08 PDT 2006

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply. But I'm not sure I fully understand it. Are
you saying nothing currently actually needs the .xml file? Can I simply
modify my tools/Makefile.am to not list it in the dependencies for
dbus-glib-bindings.h (and take the dbus-bus-introspect.xml target out)?
Will dbus-glib-bindings.h still get built correctly if I do?

The reason I'm wanting to not have the launch/send get done is because
I'm trying to build dbus for ARM, in a Scratchbox environment, and while
it works for the x86 build, it doesn't for the ARM. Not sure why it
fails -- the daemon launches -- I can see it in my process table, but
the connection fails, maybe due to the daemon actually running via the
qemu-arm emulation? I was just going to source-control the .xml file and
remove the target for it -- but if I can simply remove the dependency
altogether, even better.

Thanks!
Diane