registering an object without registering a service with the python API

Rafael Espíndola rafael.espindola at gmail.com
Thu May 25 12:29:08 PDT 2006

Using the glib bindings it is possible to register an object in a
connection using dbus_g_connection_register_g_object.

With the python API the best that I was able to do was to use
connection.register_object_path. But this is very low level. I have to
handle messages by hand.

The reason that I want to register only an object is that I have a
server that uses callback objects:

The server has a method that receives an object path. The client
registers the object and calls this method. The server then uses the
sender and the path to call methods on this object. Since it has the
sender, there is no need for the client to register a service too.

Thanks,
Rafael