DBUS remote binding on all interfaces ?

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Thu Nov 9 09:55:16 PST 2006

10function wrote:

> So my question is : Is it possible to bind on all interface with a single 'listen' directive or should i add as many listen a i got network interfaces ?

You'd have to list them all right now. If you wanted to add host=*
support that seems sensible, though I don't know how it's implemented
(is it implemented by just listening on 0.0.0.0? if so no need to add
the "*" syntax, maybe we should document the 0.0.0.0 thing though)

> On the other hand, i would like to know if UDP is used by DBUS or if it only relies on TCP ?

The only two transports right now are UNIX domain sockets and TCP.