Introspect error: No reply within specified time

Luigi Paioro luigi at lambrate.inaf.it
Wed Oct 11 05:19:39 PDT 2006

Hello!

I've create a service which creates a bus name (e.g. "my.example") and
puts on it a persistent object (e.g. "/my/example/Hello"). The
persistent object exports a method which returns a string (e.g.
getName()). (python code)

Then I've created a client application which connects to that bus and
object with the suitable interface and it simply calls the getName()
method and prints the returned value (I can do it even through the
python console).

Well, everything seems to work, but when I call for the first time the
method (just after the bus and the object are created by the service),
after few seconds waiting (!!!) I get this error: "Introspect error: No
reply within specified time"; just after that I receive the method
result. If I call the method again and again it is fast and returns the
output value without errors.

Do you have an idea about what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Luigi