DBus Pascal bindings implementation

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 19:30:53 PDT 2006

On 10/13/06, Matthew Johnson <dbus at matthew.ath.cx> wrote:
> It depends how your language normally works with respect to this as how
> to do it best; QT and GLib programmers are used to using mainloops
> whereas in Java having multiple threads is a common programming method.
>
> How does Pascal deal with this in other situations which contain
> event-driven code?

On Pascal programmers usually don´t deal with the event-loops. They
are generated by some classes like Application, and the programmer
rarely interfers with it.

So I would say that threads are the normal way to go.

One quick question about dbus: Do signals timeout? I mean, if I wait
too long before reading the bus for a signal it may disappear?
(considering that the caller program is still active of course).

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho