dbus-glib maintained ?

Rob Taylor robtaylor at floopily.org
Mon Oct 16 06:11:55 PDT 2006

frederic heem wrote:
> Hi,
> Is it possible to get the status of the dbus-glib ? It seems that it's no
> longer maintain. 7 bugs has been reported, for some of them, patches has been
> included. So far, not even a reply. Can someone take over the maintenance ?

It is maintained, though currently only by me! One issue is I'm not set
as the default maintainer in the bugzilla.. (/me pokes fd.o maints)

I don't have a whole load of time to dedicate to it. If you look at
http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=dbus/dbus-glib.git;a=summary you can
see what's been done towards a 0.72 release - currently on my TODO is
add tests for the GInterfaces/GObject inheritance stuff by Steve
Frécinaux, and to remove the need for a system bus at build time.

If you want to help out with bug triaging and testing fixes (ideally
there should be a unit test testing each fix, where possible), I'd be
very grateful for a helping hand!

Thanks,
Rob Taylor