spec.in

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Mon Oct 16 08:15:44 PDT 2006

frederic heem wrote:
> Hi,
> Would it be possible to check-in dbus.spec.in and add the command in
> configure.in to fill to version ?
> Having dbus.spec included in the source package will avoid distributions to
> write their own incompatible and buggy spec.

spec files aren't portable across distributions in any meaningful sense,
so if we checked it in it'd be specific to some distribution. But nobody
from a distribution wants to maintain their spec file upstream, they all
have a standard repo for their own spec files. So if we had one in dbus
cvs it would just be unmaintained, even if we could figure out what
distribution it was for.