Required spec changes for D-Bus 1.0

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Wed Oct 25 14:28:03 PDT 2006

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> 5) clarify the use of Sender and Destination message headers when used in
> peer-to-peer mode. Probably set to empty on sending and ignore on
> receive.

I'd say they should just not be used in peer-to-peer. Sender is set by
the bus daemon anyway so libdbus never sets it, and destination can
usually be NULL in the DBusMessage API I believe.

The normal rule is that unknown fields are ignored by recipients, so if
someone does set them it's not an error though, just useless.