Additional callerid [change in Protocol]

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Thu Oct 26 10:58:34 PDT 2006

Hi,

This sort of thing has been discussed a lot in the past. For example
Google turns up
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/2004-October/001628.html
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/2004-October/001662.html
I believe there were more recent threads also.

In some more recent thread, we decided not to do it for 1.0 at least.
I can't find that thread, but maybe if someone did cvs log on doc/TODO
to see when we dropped the TODO item they could find it.

The changes you describe would not be compatible, and at this point we
have no plans to make incompatible changes. So if we did decide to do
this, it would have to be done in some compatible way.

Adding header fields can be done compatibly, as long as it's OK for
older dbus versions to ignore them.