[patch] dbus-sharp still uses dbus_connection_disconnect

Robert McQueen robert.mcqueen at collabora.co.uk
Sat Sep 2 17:57:39 PDT 2006

Sebastian Dröge wrote:
> That's known to me and I know of at least 2 people working on new
> bindings but it would be nice to have the old ones at least somewhat
> working and this trivial patch helps with that. If you don't want it...
> fine with me :)

We're not just being obstructive, we really don't have anyone active in
the D-Bus team to say whether or not a patch is correct, and we're not
qualified to do that for C#. Assessing the patches is the job of the
maintainer, and nobody stepped up to that task. That's why it's
unmaintained and we're not going to touch it, and why it doesn't have
any releases any more. I see lots of progress from Alp Toker on his
managed implementation, and I hope that this will attract more attention
and maintainance from both him and the Mono community.

> Bye

Regards,
Rob
--