Failed to start message bus

you youle youle999 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 5 01:36:57 PDT 2006

Dear all:

I am new to dbus, and I have some problem when using it.

firstly ,I downloaded "dbus-0.92.tar.gz" from web site
  "http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/dbus" , and installed it.

then I use command "dbus-daemon --system --print-address ", and get the
following error:

"unix:path=/usr/local/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket,guid=4035fd447bff1ef79b46aa2f20325600

Failed to start message bus: Could not get UID and GID for username
"messagebus" "

why I can not start message bus , what I need to do?

Question 2:

when I use command " dbus-monitor --system" and I get the following error:

"Failed to open connection to system message bus: Failed to connect to
socket /usr/local/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory
"

I wonder  system_bus_socket is located at /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket,
why trying to connect to /usr/local/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket.what I
should do?

what I  want is to get the signal of device added or device removed

thank you for your help.

Leo
BRs