dbus_threads_init_default()

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Wed Sep 6 10:35:14 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-06 at 12:14 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > On johns request, here is a version of the builtin thread primitives
> > that only adds the dbus_threads_init_default() call instead of changing
> > any behaviour.
> >

> Can you guys post the conversation behind this? The patch as I read it
> does change the behavior/API (removes ability to set thread funcs)

I read through the thread which I must have missed earlier and came to
the conclusion that the current threading solution works so I don't
really want to be pulling out code at this point in time.  I think the
best solution is to stick with what we have, give a default
implementation which can be used without bindings and then when we feel
it is stable and working we can quietly switch bindings to use the
default threading implementation.  This way only adds an API and does
not turn threading on by default.

As for the patch it does have an error in which dbus_threads_init is
changed.  That should be removed.