Doing an RC release

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Sun Sep 10 21:19:56 PDT 2006

I want to get an Release Candidate out today.  I basically have to check
in the TODO items I had.  Thiago's launching patch is still outstanding
so I will make it a blocker for the final release.

There are still two more items on the TODO list which need looking at.
The first is the break loader of which I have a half of a patch for but
have to figure out how to create a message in the string format the
break loader expects.

The second is the  add a new return code from dbus_connection_dispatch()
to avoid deadlock issues.  We pretty much punted this but left it on the
TODO just in case someone wanted to address it.  I personally don't
think it is worth holding up 1.0.  A future fix could be setting a flag
that says a binding can handle IN_PROGRESS.  If this flag is set
dispatch will be able to deffer a dispatch is one is already in progress
(i.e. recursive dispatch).  In other words this can be fixed post 1.0.