dbus-sysdeps-unix.h

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Wed Sep 13 03:21:17 PDT 2006

I've uploaded a patch which renames the fd functions to *_socket.

All the file handling is now internal to unix/win files, and
the other code only uses the already available file/dir
functions of sysdeps.h.

But I don't knoow what to do with
void _dbus_fd_set_close_on_exec (int fd);

Is this also a socket-only function or is it also
used to close files?

The remaining _unix_ functions  are only used in -unix.c files
and they are candidates for a sysdeps-unix.h header.

While doing the renaming I had the idea to change
_dbus_close(int fd, int) to _dbus_close(int *fd, int)
and to set *fd = -1 when the closing was successful,
so fd has a actual value.

Peter