[ANNOUNCE] D-Bus 1.0 RC 1 (0.93) released

Kimmo Hämäläinen kimmo.hamalainen at nokia.com
Thu Sep 14 03:18:55 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 09:33, ext John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> Release Candidate 1 for D-Bus 1.0 (official version 0.93) has been
> released.  This brings us one step closer to the actual 1.0 release.
> Barring any blocker bugs, this along with a couple of other outstanding
> patches will become 1.0 final.
>
> Have fun, download it, bang on it and help us make sure D-Bus 1.0 is as
> solid as possible.
>
> You can download this release at:
>
> http://dbus.freedesktop.org/releases/dbus/dbus-0.93.tar.gz

Is it possible to have some API additions after v1.0? I would really
like to add e.g. the validation functions that were discussed earlier
(for validating object paths, interfaces, etc) and to allow the library
user to distinguish OOM from other errors (this could be done with a
separate function call). OOM is important in embedded devices, such as
the Nokia 770 (I realise that it's not important in desktop and server
environment, since they always have lot of swap memory).

BR, Kimmo