Possible poll-related problem in dbus-0.92

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Thu Sep 14 07:00:25 PDT 2006

Hi,

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> That condition should be change to 'poll_res > 0', since .revents is undefined
> if poll_res == 0 according to the man pae

I don't think it's all that clear; earlier in the man page it says:

   If the value of fd is less than 0, events shall be ignored, and
   revents shall be set to 0 in that entry on return from poll().

   In each pollfd structure, poll() shall clear the revents member ...

   If none of the defined events have occurred on any selected file
   descriptor, poll() shall wait at least timeout milliseconds for an
   event to occur on any of the selected file descriptors.

That said I put a little fix in cvs for this.