D-Bus Python Bindings and Python 2.5

Mystilleef mystilleef at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 14:33:32 PDT 2006

Hello,

I am testing my application with Python 2.5. When I start my
application it takes a very long time to launch and the following
errors are displayed in the terminal

Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "'exceptions.TypeError' object
has no attribute '__module__'" in
'dbus_bindings._GIL_safe_cmessage_function_handler' ignored

Introspect error: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include:
the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security
policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network
connection was broken.

This error only occurs with Python 2.5. Earlier versions of Python work
fine. I don't understand the first part of the error nor what is causing
it. I have the following D-Bus packages installed.

dbus-core-0.92
dbus-0.91
dbus-glib-0.71
dbus-python-0.71

Has anyone had better luck with Python 2.5?

Regards