What python binding?

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Thu Sep 28 05:06:48 PDT 2006

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 at 13:49:45 +0200, Luigi Paioro wrote:
> I've read that there is a new candidate dbus-python-c-0.80
> which is (I think) different (python "C" bindings) from the previous...

My C rewrite of dbus-python is currently very much development status, but
I hope it'll be adopted as dbus-python 0.80. It contains API changes, on
which I'm looking for feedback at the moment.

>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/distutils/command/build_ext.py", line 405, in build_extensions
>     self.build_extension(ext)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/distutils/command/build_ext.py", line 442, in build_extension
>     sources = self.swig_sources(sources, ext)
> TypeError: swig_sources() takes exactly 2 arguments (3 given)

It looks as though you may have a broken version of Distutils... which
version of Python is this, and have you been able to compile any other
Python extension successfully? (Something like cElementTree would be a
good test)

	Simon