Problem with dbus_connection_register_object_path() and Python wrappers

Lauro lauromoura at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 13:51:54 PDT 2007

I posted this on maemo-developers but this is also appearing on
upstream (Ubuntu 6.10):

I'm writing a python wrapper for libconic (maemo) but I'm getting some
problems about handling dbus signals.

libconic uses dbus_connection_register_object_path() to register the
handler. When I'm using the wrapper (built with PyGTK codegen), the
library shows no errors registering (I put some g_debug inside) but
the handler isn't called when those signals are sent. If we use python
dbus.Bus.add_signal_reciever, we can see that the signals are sent.

Using the sample MamanFile from gobject I used the same method to
register a function and did another wrapper[1], this time for the
elapsedChanged signal from Rhythmbox. Again, the same behavior.

[1] - http://www.cin.ufpe.br/~lmmn/conic/maman-x86.tar.gz
--
Lauro ("lmoura" on Freenode)
CIn/UFPE