python - using a signal not in introspection

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Wed Apr 25 19:28:32 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 20:01 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> >>>
> >> It is the caller and the signal is sent to it (according to
> >> dbus-monitor) so I don't think that's it...
> >
> > Any test case I can play with?
>
> Here is one version of the file (I tried a number of variations):
> http://svn.mugshot.org/dumbhippo/trunk/client/bigboard/bigboard/google.py
>
> I can try and make the test case smaller tomorrow. I think it is just a
> couple lines though, bus = SessionBus() and the add_signal_receiver().
> Perhaps it matters whether an interface proxy is created, though

Figured it out.  For some reason the new bindings do not spit out an
error message when a signal does not match the number of arguments
listed.  To deal with this you can do

    def __on_action(self, *args):

What is libnotify supposed to be sending back because as far as I can
tell it does not send back a notify_id though I am guessing it should.