using DBus between hosts

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Wed Aug 1 12:55:38 PDT 2007

Sergey Struzh wrote:

> I've been trying to work with 1.1.2 but the results are pretty much the
> same, except that connecting client exits with the weird "Family none"
> printing appears for every error to occur.

Can you explain "Family none" more? I don't remember that error message...

>  What am I doing wrong?

Oh, there's also a dbus_connection_set_allow_anonymous() that has to be
called. The bus daemon does not call this. I would have to think more
about whether it would be safe/workable to patch the bus daemon to call
it, or patch the bus daemon to call it if ANONYMOUS auth mechanism is
available.

Anyway, for now ANONYMOUS is something that has only been used with
custom servers, using it with the bus daemon has not been thought through.