C convenience lib (was Re: Is dbus_pending_call_set_notify() thread safe?)

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Fri Aug 3 11:39:45 PDT 2007

Hi,

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Still... the Python mapping is a tad cumbersome because it requires the
> developer to choose which mainloop will be used.

Well, and also Simon was talking about not using libdbus and doing
python like the C# and Java bindings, as a reimplementation.

Since the main pydbus use is in the "GLib world" and python relies
heavily on C libs anyway, I'm not yet convinced the extra code and
overhead to avoid the C library dependency makes sense once you consider
the macro view of a whole Linux-based OS. But, I'm not the pydbus
maintainer.