[RFC][Patch] DBus Service C library

Marcel Holtmann marcel at holtmann.org
Fri Aug 10 13:48:54 PDT 2007

Hi Havoc,

>  > So, I decided to
> > implement simple and more "traditional" C oriented Server library. The
> > library is not yet finished but I decided to contribute it hoping that I
> > can get some valuable feedback, advices, comments, idea, etc.
>
> It's great to see work in this area. Did you see:
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/2007-July/008159.html
>
> I think there are some ideas there you could incorporate.

if you look at the main Bluetooth daemon with D-Bus support, you find a
lot similar things. Especially the name owner changed tracker (which we
used a lot to cleanup after broken clients) and also helper functions
for actual method and signal registration that allowed us to generate
the introspection data dynamically.

Main reason to not use dbus-glib is the dependency on GObject. We don't
want that for a daemon and we don't need it. So having something a
little bit more advanced than raw libdbus with proper main loop
integration and useful helpers is really the way to go.

Regards

Marcel