Private connections

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Thu Feb 22 05:25:07 PST 2007

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> I didn't understand: do you also consider it a bug if the bindings require
> a private connection?

Short answer is this may be OK since you expect that basically all the
KDE libraries will be using the QtDBus private connection - i.e. you're
just defining your own new shared connection.

The issue is that if every process has a dozen connections, it really
adds up to a lot of file descriptors for a typical desktop. If that were
needed for some reason, I think we'd need to fix it.

Will hope to follow up to the rest of your mail later when I have more
time...