[ANN] Ruby/D-Bus 0.2.0
Paul van Tilburg
paul at luon.net
Wed Jul 4 04:44:17 PDT 2007
Arnaud Cornet and I are proud to announce the 0.2.0 release "Almost live
from DebConf 7" of Ruby D-Bus. Ruby D-Bus provides an implementation of
the D-Bus protocol, client and service library, etc. such that the
D-Bus system can be used in the Ruby programming language.
While development started in February and we have had some releases already,
this is our first public release, meant for exploratory purpose.
Please have a look at our project page on: https://trac.luon.net/ruby-dbus
if you are interested in using it, providing feedback or helping us.
For more contextual information about this project, such as similar
existing projects or our goals, I'd like to refer to my journal post on:
Ruby D-Bus currently supports the following features:
* Connecting to local buses.
* Accessing remote services, objects and interfaces.
* Invoking methods on remote objects synchronously and asynchronously.
* Catch signals on remote objects and handle them via callbacks.
* Remote object introspection.
* Walking object trees.
* Creating services and registering them on the bus.
* Exporting objects with interfaces on a bus for remote use.
* Rubyish D-Bus object and interface syntax support that automatically
allows for introspection.
* Emitting signals on exported objects.
Ruby D-Bus is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published
by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
Student @ Eindhoven | email: paul at luon.net
University of Technology, The Netherlands | JID: paul at luon.net
>>> Using the Power of Debian GNU/Linux <<< | GnuPG key ID: 0x50064181
More information about the dbus