How to use variant

Naveen Verma ernaveenverma at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 14:45:46 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have a function which return a variant. But whenever I am trying to call
the function. I receive an error and program terminates. I am unable to
understand what is the reason.
May be I am not creating the variant in correct way. Could anyone please
check the code and error below, and give me an idea what is wrong?

DBus::Variant  Test::getTestValue()
{
     DBus::Variant var;
     DBus::MessageIter i = var.writer();
     MessageIter j = i.new_variant("s");
     j.append_string("Test");
     i.close_container(j);

     return var;
}

And the error message is:

process 6933: arguments to dbus_message_iter_open_container() were
incorrect, assertion "(type == DBUS_TYPE_STRUCT && contained_signature ==
NULL) || (type == DBUS_TYPE_DICT_ENTRY && contained_signature == NULL) ||
contained_signature != NULL" failed in file dbus-message.c line 2330.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.

-Thanks & Regards
Naveen