Thread Signal

Robert Rawlins robert_rawlins at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 10 08:30:24 PDT 2007

Hello Guys,

I'm using python to connect to DBus and receive signals from the bus. At the moment I have the signal trigger a standard function within my application, using syntax like this:

myinterface.connect_to_signal('SignalNake', MyFunction)

What I'd like to do, ideally, is have the signal start a thread, passing its arguments into the init method for the thread as its quite plausible the signal can be sent quite regularly and the resulting process quite slow, so putting them in threads makes it all a little better.

Any ideas on how to achieve this, can i simply do something like:

myinterface.connect_to_signal('SignalNake', MyFunction().start())

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts guys,

Rob