Is dbus_pending_call_set_notify() thread safe?

Fan Wu wufan9418 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 13:54:31 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have a question for the following code:

  dbus_connection_send_with_reply();
  dbus_pending_call_set_notify();

My understanding is dbus_connection_send_with_reply() will not only
add the message to the queue but actually tries to send it. If there
is a dispatcher running in another thread and the reply  comes back
and is handled before dbus_pending_call_set_notify() is run, my
callback will never be called.

If this is a valid issue I suggest the two functions above be merged
into one so that the callback is set when the pending call is created.

Thanks,
Fan