[patch] dbus system activation

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Jun 13 13:04:41 PDT 2007

Richard Hughes wrote:
>This service name "org.me.test" is then searched for in
>the .server files in /usr/share/dbus/services. A typical service file
>would look like:

I don't agree to that (I assume you're mistaken about .server instead
of .service).

It's quite important that the system and the session activation files be
separate. I'd much rather they were placed in a different directory, but
I'll settle for a different extension or a special key in the .service
file.

The reason for that is that we do NOT want session programs being
activated on the system bus by accident.

It's very easy for applications that are activated in both to install two
files, if necessary.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358