[patch] dbus system activation

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Wed Jun 13 14:03:06 PDT 2007

Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 22:46 +0200, Ralf Habacker wrote:
>> Is this patch unix only or would it be usefull on windows too ? If so I
>> suggest to design it portable.
>
> I'm no sure how the setuid helper would work in windows, any pointers?

I don't think the patch makes sense on Windows, the system bus basically
isn't useful on Windows IMO. At least, not without a lot of thought
about how it would be used and probably redesigned.

If Windows did need similar functionality, it should probably be
implemented in a different way, though I don't know what that way would be.

Anyway, for now just not building the helper on Windows should work fine.

This just made me think - Ralf, you probably don't have to implement the
sysdeps stuff for change_identity on Windows (other than to make it
always fail, probably)