user auth patches

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Thu Jun 14 15:02:49 PDT 2007

Hi,

Peter Kümmel wrote:
> The SID is a structure but there exists a functions for serialization,
> ConvertSidToStringSid. Therefore a string would be fine, the questions
> remains if we should use a wchar_t or char?

Right, though I don't want to use wchar_t directly - what non-typedef C
type would work for that? I don't remember right now which one of the
many exciting windows char types that is...

We could also use a copy of the struct if it can be assigned by value
and has a fixed size so we can declare our own cross-platform struct to
stuff the sid into. But the string seems fine.