[patch] Add user and group to activation helper

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Mon Jun 18 11:46:11 PDT 2007

Hi,

On Mon, 2007-06-18 at 10:53 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > +  /* group is not _required_ unless we are using system activation */

Are we sure we want to support Group= at all? Instead, I'd expect the
setuid activation helper to

 - change to primary group of the User
 - init supplementary groups of User; e.g. user 'hwdaemon' may be a
   member of the 'disk' group so that user can access raw disks;

which is similar to how su(1) and sudo(8) works IIRC. Having an option
to specify the Group seems.. well, I don't get the it.

     David